Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, February 5, 2010

5 Seconds


Today we were graced with two of Equinox’s fine Trainers that came to spin and glancing at them I knew that Kristen could take even those two physical specimens to a higher level.

Why did 5 seconds seem to stand out for me today? I think it was because I kept hearing it and the fact that 5 seconds seemed a lot longer than I could ever imagine it being. Yeah but for 5 seconds anyone can break the pedals. I couldn’t collapse in 5 seconds. In fact for 5 seconds I could lay it all out there and hold nothing back. And that’s exactly what I did, left nothing only fumes to lumber down the stairs to a hot shower.

The thought occurred to me that this class is rejuvenating not only my physical energy levels but also my own passion to leap out of bed each day too. Let’s face it spin here with KG and how can anything during the day be any more challenging? No way! It’s like I could cut through grass a foot high and not stall.

Again today my inner voice was using some soft soap, making believe that I would take it just a little easier today because after all I have been busting it lately. But you see you just can’t lie to yourself that way. The collective consciousness in that room says in my mind that whispers: “just a little more road John”. And down goes my right hand to ramp up my effort.

Great stuff KG as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment