Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Dog on the Leash



A deep sigh and I was wide-awake. I turned in my bed and spied the digital clock above the TV and it spoke to me: Kristen’s Spin Class you need to go.  I glanced over at the partially open window and heard the steady rain and hunkered back down under the covers.  I said to myself I need to sleep and catch up on the shuteye I deserve. Well needless to say I felt this very strong invisible hand that pulled me right out from under the covers and I began to dress and dress quite quickly.  And with each passing moment I felt my excitement grow but my worry was  would I get a seat?  First on the waiting list and my worry was over as Kristen said: “you have a great chance”. 

I need to say something about this class and tell you that we are witnessing a phenomenon in the making. Kristen has been at Equinox for what 4 or 5 years now and I never gave her the props she needs to see and hear well I am giving it now. Take a look at how hard it is to get a bike.  I feel like this class is the hottest show on Broadway and tickets are like hen’s teeth.  My selfish worry is that she will be answering a call that takes us from our midst and so I will cherish yes cherish each and every ride how ever many that remain. 

What about my story? It’s in here and I will just say To Be Continued.




No comments:

Post a Comment