Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Impressive, Most Impressive


I admit I have haven’t taken a spin class with Young Atlas, Damian Vella in many moons and although regret is not something I engage in I think its time that I spend more time in this young mans classes because he is nothing short of spectacular.  Today subbing for Kristen in a packed studio Damian had us engaged and fully charged with the first note. You could feel the electricity and this ride was as memorable I’ve had in the 3 plus years in the Lavender Palace. Energy like this is nascent and amorphous but when it happens it’s like a fire in your solar plexus. 

Taking both ends of KJ’s double-header Saturday is no easy feat because there is no one that can replace the Queen but her choice of picking Damian for this slot was pure brilliance. He brings elements that are definable like a well-orchestrated discography, a plan, an eloquent speaking voice with great inflection, and an animated dialogue that beckons and reflects just how much he loves group instruction. But there’s something ethereal too I can’t quite put my finger on that seems to transcend his athleticism.  I think he is indeed a happy man. So he must being doing something right on his inside job because his presentation on the outside is remarkable. Have I given you enough adjectives yet? Take his class and decide for yourself. 

Great stuff Damian thank you for one amazing ride!  




No comments:

Post a Comment