Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Raj


Most of us know just how hard making changes can be and for me it’s no different. I have been addicted to spin and expanding my exercise regimen to include anything but is no easy trick for this old dog. (Up and Downward Dog notwithstanding)  But it helps if you have an instructor the caliber of Raj Shtrom. Now you might ask how can you Jack make that determination? You know less than zilch about Yoga. Well if it just went by firsthand experience, she is charismatic in an understated way which makes the time fly but the poses she puts us through have a rhythm like a syncopated beat and that is something you can feel.  As far as her acumen for this spiritual exercise is concerned I have my friend Jesse who has been practicing for many years as my guide. And by his account this young woman simply commands his respect and that’s all I need to know. 

Today in the downstairs studio it was Power Vinyasa Yoga. A power lunch if there ever was one. It seemed as if my several forays into this new lifestyle have made little difference in my flexibility but I am not discouraged I know it will take many moons for me to think about ever being in the lotus position. The wait will be worth it because if I am going to remain active at this level I have made a decision that Yoga will be the reason.

Kristen was talking this week about varying our exercise to include strength training citing how much more calories a lean body burns compared to fat tissue. It’s up to 30 times more. That’s all I need to know.  

Raj: Happy Birthday. Thank you for being the Super Star Downstairs.  



No comments:

Post a Comment