Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Splendiferous


Today just like every Saturday I launch the weekend officially in KSC. Usually the 8 am because it gives me so much more of the day to luxuriate in. What struck me today particularly was the fact that near rides end Kristen remarked seeing someone looking at the clock and that she was going to the back of the studio and rip that clock off the wall and smash it to pieces. Now I have heard this many times over the past 3 years and of course she’s only joking but for me the clock is not my friend because the hour dissipates like melting sugar in my coffee and I am never happy about it at least nowadays I’m not. I can recall in the early days thinking how am I going to make it through the hour now of course it’s a different story. I love spinning and sometimes my sexagenarian body wishes I didn’t love it so much.  

KJ was full of vignettes today and they are usually didactic like something her mom or dad would say or examples from her very real life that always leave me with a smile. The ones about her dad are most endearing and when she tells them it’s almost like I can feel the lump in her throat. When she talks about Don I am most amused like her telling us just how fast he can pack up all his belongings which by most accounts would be a world record. (32 minutes if her stopwatch was working properly)  Don always the good sport and his munificence is incredibly apparent.  

The class today was splendiferous in terms of intensity and its design is never predictable. Kristen is very adroit in her call and although we recognize the music her pattern interrupts are designed to shock the body and most of us are wearing physiologies that bear out that very fact.  I had seen an email yesterday proclaiming that spin was not a good exercise and it indeed made you look older and that there were many other ways to get results with less time. Even if I believed that for a moment I wouldn’t give up a minute of my time in the Lavender Palace even if I end up a curmudgeon. 



I was glad that KJ had to teach another class because it gave me time to hotfoot it over to the end of her driveway because I really needed that hockey equipment. Look what I found.  



Kristen’s Spin Class: I think this might become a habit. What do you think?  


Do you recognize this man?  He makes a lot of noise in the Lavender Palace that’s what I hear. 








No comments:

Post a Comment