Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Burnt Toast


I think that the only way I can really describe KSC is that it is an insatiable desire. I can never get enough I always want more and for me the stories just keep on coming. How can it be that every single class she teaches is different than the last? Answer: Because she has a plan. She never just rolls in there and rests on her considerable laurels. No way! And no matter what mood she wakes up in she gives a stellar performance like it was a Broadway show. In the locker room the roosters were crowing just how great today’s class was. David, Ivan, Roy, Howard all were waxing poetic about the 8 am.  I don’t think I will ever run out of superlatives about the Evil Woman. She’s SFG. You would think that after 450 stories I might be done. I guess not.  

 The last few sessions have started off with Tabata and she gave us her solemnity by saying that we were torching off those unwanted carbohydrates from the night before. How cool is that? You mean those Lorna Doone’s I inhaled after platelets yesterday are poof? Yeah baby! I like that. 20 seconds all out and then 10 seconds of lights out. Tabata is a killer way to start the session. Of course those 20 seconds seem like an indeterminable amount of time and those 10 seconds of down time are wickedly quick. Getting through the set of 8 is no easy task but the only way to take them is one at a time.  

Oh my God she played that Mumford & Sons song again to round out the session. If I were a balloon inflated without a knot I’d be flying around the studio. It is just one of those songs along with countless others that might put me in the grave just a few minutes before my time I get so excited.  Fabulous session KJ.  

I love my toast burnt and today I was toasted.  

P.S.

A freshman member by the name of  Jill was alongside me today and I had to thank her at rides end because BION* I was watching her hands on the handlebars and she had them open palm the whole ride. Why is that meaningful? Well try as I might I cannot seem to help keeping a tight grip on the handle with my left hand and I go numb. Well today I didn’t and Jill thanks. 

*BION Believe it or not.  








No comments:

Post a Comment