Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Silhouette


Can you feel it? The Silhouette is building her own following.  Ms. Mancini commented herself that she started her 8:30 some weeks ago with just 4 riders now half the studio is filled and if she was a recording on the Billboard Charts there’d be a bullet next to her time slot as this female meteor is blazing a white trail across the EQ sky.  An ethereal presence to be sure and what struck me this morning about our young instructor is that her tutelage feels like a mindful embrace. A Zen-like experiential ride as she takes us for a journey in space and time that makes the body aware of every breath instead of us just trying to catch it for the whole hour.  

Monday I was singing high praise to the Evil Woman (Kristen James) about her new star and as I watched her face it lit up with a quiet satisfaction that she had picked up yet another gemstone not only for spin but for group exercise in the Main Studio as well. There was never a doubt when Kristen took over as Area Group Fitness Manager that her talent was uncanny in not only obtaining but keeping great talent as well.  

And now back to the main attraction: Dana Varela Mancini.  I could almost sense shyness about her yet when it comes to her call there is just no doubt about her strength of leadership. She is well schooled but there is not one ounce of arrogance coursing through her veins and her choice of music continues to intrigue me. Today she played The Beatles and the selection she chose was Get Back. Not one of my favorites but just the courage she shows not playing every AT 40 song makes me want to come back for what she might have next in her choreography bank. I like this woman and as I started my pedal stroke today I decided that I would call her: The Silhouette. Ask me why I just might tell you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment