Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hit the Gas and Go


Dana Mancini rounded out my week of adding variety to my spice these last 8 days. I’ve heard much all good about Dana and I was anxious to give her a turn on my magnetic wheel.  I wasn’t sure what to expect but once the music started I knew that any resemblance to anyone else a moot point. 

When she queued up Shake Senora by Pitbull and followed it by Led Zepplin I knew something was distinctively different. I mean Pitbull and Led Zepplin in the same breath? Not to be imagined. In any case the eclectic mix worked like a seamstress stitch, a flawless connection. 

She has that lithesome look in her physiology and she leads group exercise in a myriad of classes the latest being MetCon3. I’ll be damned if I know what that is but she seems a natural in the CS and here is yet another ruby in Kristen’s jewelry store.   

Sometimes when I sit atop my Schwinn I ask myself what is this deep fascination about the repetitive motion of a pedal stroke.  But the answer comes just as quickly as the beads of sweat form about my temple and that is I finally have found an exercise regimen I can be with and not obsess about as I used to do with running in my past life. Not to mention not being racked with pain either in my back or knees.  In spin and I can not think of any other exercise outside of swimming that is more easy on the musculoskeletal system than cycling is.  

Instructors of course have their own inimitable style and my new friend Dana Mancini has a strong recognition of what it takes to motivate us in-group exercise. So when she said: “Hit the gas and go” my pedals lit a fire under my seat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment