Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Starshine


If you like something for the first time it’s worth trying again no? And as impressed as I was with Dana Mancini on my first saddle I knew that a 2nd was inevitable. She my friends is a spirited young woman with fire in her soul and heart. Again she plated the eclectic musical selection that lets face it defy what we hear in the CS on a daily basis. Don’t get me wrong I have been turned in that I am actually starting to like some of the AT 40 but a welcome change is a welcome change. DVM plays to a beat all her own and I guess I’m liking it and liking a lot.   On the way down the steps after class I checked in with Roy and he concurred heartily that Ms. Mancini was not only distinctively different and a new delight but a talent he would also be riding with again. Later in the locker room Arthur (A man that is one of the kindest men I have ever met) offered his unsolicited praise of “Awesome”.  

There were times during the session as I watched the whites of her eyes flash like daytime starshine that you could sense she knew the room like she owned it. No easy feat coming into Woodbury behind the likes of the talent we have here but I also got the feeling that its just second nature with Mancini and there’s not a nervous dendrite in this woman’s psyche.  

Where does she go from here? Straight up the exponential curve I suspect.    



No comments:

Post a Comment