Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Little Hearts


It was Dana Mancini in the short form a 45-minute excursion this past   Monday night, which felt like the harbinger of summer rather than the midst of spring. I was mired in lethargy this night and it took a full 15 minutes to get my engine going. Dana likes to say, “hit the gas” well my foot was slipping metaphorically. 

I got a feeling that we will be seeing a lot more of this rising star in the EQ constellation but that is purely conjecture on my part and possibly just a little bit of wishful thinking. She has something those intangibles that you can’t quite put your finger on but the feeling is genuinely palpable in this my 3rd class with the diminutive dynamo.  

And the music is out of left field and it is in no way formulaic. It’s not rock, not AT 40 or even esoteric club music although the choreography includes all of those genres and then some.  There was no one song that particularly piqued my interest but my ears are getting a break from Robert Moog’s invention that actually dates back to 1965.  


She is delightfully quirky and I never get inkling what might be next and “I like how it feels” and so do more and more of the Woodbury EQ constituency if I’m any judge. I have used the word lithesome to describe Carolyn Mellace in the past and Dana fits this physiology mold even though their styles are distinctively different they both pull it off with grace and aplomb.  What nickname do I brand her with? Jury is still out but something apropos will come to mind shortly.  

Our little hearts were pounding this Monday night and I am sure Jack will be back.  



Any suggestions Woodbury? 


No comments:

Post a Comment