Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dreams



The pause that refreshes was just what the Dr. ordered for my two wheels, which of late have been racked with pain. Two days off can be a small miracle in how we feel. And when I walked out of the club today I felt more refreshed than in many a month. Our one wheeled bike needs lubricity and so do we with our two.  

When Kristen lowered the volume on her music this morning she started an unrehearsed soliloquy about her father.  I was riveted because the energy that emanates when she talks about her dad is so palpable you can cut it with a knife.  The story didactic in nature told of a dream David W. Bean had about getting his pilots license born possibly out of the many sightings of The Blue Angels with his young charge Kristen back in the day.  Funny about how dreams come true they start in the mind and harnessed by that power and a strong belief system these dreams often become a reality. Sort of like our spin class we put in the footwork so to speak and our bodies become transformed like a sculptor who takes a block of stone and carves out the artistic image of a body God created. 

It’s nearly 3 years since I entered the CS and my life has been transformed and although part of my life has died a new dream has taken its place and with each passing day I know where I’m headed. Dreams start in the mind and play out in the life we make.  








No comments:

Post a Comment