Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dancing With Myself


It used to be lonely when I took to the dance floor back in the 80’s whether it be at 231 or Metro 700. Hell who might want to dance with a 140-pound man in one-piece black spandex and white capezios?  I often danced to that Billy Idol tune and it usually involved gesticulations of the body not often seen back then. I owe whatever dancing prowess I have to my maternal grandfather. He was a champion ballroom dancer and was known affectionately as “crazy legs.”  Dancing was my passion too ever since they crowded around me in a circle in the gym back in the 5th grade when Chubby Checker sang The Twist. 

In 2013 I am never alone in KSC and I like it that way! We have one of the greatest instructors in the world in Kristen and there’s never a better way to spend a Saturday morning with all of you and our Queen of Spin.  She is looking particularly resplendent lately and her smile has returned in a most spectacular way. My spirits were so low these past two days and this spin class brought me back to an even keel.  I have all of you to thank for that. Did you miss my voice box these past two weeks? Don’t answer that. 

I couldn’t believe the first 15 minutes today were devoted to the 80s and it is my fervent hope that KJ considers a thematic ride once in awhile because it is such a turn on. Although when the music of my life hits my visceral heartstrings I almost feel like I could expire right there in the saddle. So maybe it’s a good thing I hear Michael Jackson now and again. 

God I love it in here. Oh BTW KJ my birthday is in 3 weeks January 26th a Saturday. Just sayin’. It’s shameless of me to say that but well maybe these entries get me a ticket to ride.  






No comments:

Post a Comment