Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Big O


We have a plethora of Big O’s in KSC. There’s the hOly s**t zone, the Omg, and Oh I can’t catch my breath. The Big O is usually associated with the peak sensation but here in KSC it’s a multi-O experience.  

The All-new Thursday night edition brings to the Lavender Palace many of the morning regulars some doing a double but also a lot of new faces as well. The 55-bike capacity is usually filled most mornings and its no surprise that Kristen draws a crowd at any time day or night. For those that either work during the day or simply can’t get a bike this night affords others a chance to see what all the hubbub is all about. 

I love words as most of you might glean but what is going on here in the Evil Woman’s class can only be described as ethereal. In practical terms we can say it’s her personality, her presence, her semantics but that does not describe why or how each class seems more challenging than the last. How could that be? I don’t know how but I would swear that I have just a bit more giddyap in my pedal stroke each ride. So that’s why I say it’s ethereal because it’s simply unworldly.  

What do you think of the 45-minute spin class? Most classes outside of the big 3 of Great Neck, Roslyn and our Woodbury conduct the shortened versions and I got a feeling we just might be headed that way. If you knew that there’s only 45 minutes to ride your heart out would  you ride differently? I think we do. What’s your take?

Oh and one more thing you know how KJ tries to get us focused on breathing in via the nose and expelling through the mouth so we get maximum O2 to our legs? I don’t know about you but I have to make a conscious effort to really do that but I did figure out if I had a 3rd nostril it might just work. The Big O it ain’t no joke.  




No comments:

Post a Comment