Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

She's So Mean (and Evil)


My friend Jesse Walia was in attendance today and although he has done maybe a sum total of a half dozen classes with Kristen in the past, KJ knew his name and gave him several shout outs within the hour. Jesse was amazed at this and wondered how remarkable it was that  she remembered him.  I told him that she knows everyone in her room. The superlatives from my dear friend didn’t stop there; as he waxed poetic about her professionalism and the way she conducted the class and herself. 

I for one cannot fathom how the Evil Woman elicits an ever-greater effort out of my creaking frame every single class. I discussed this with the boys in the locker room and they were unanimous in their incredulity. At the end of every ride the pool of salt water beneath my bike is more prodigious than the day before. This morning in particular I asked myself after 15 minutes would I be able to make it to the cool down. That could be a function of too much spin or I have too much resistance on the red wheel. Nonetheless I made it through and by the time the remixed version of Don’t Wake Me Up sounded its last note every ounce of puissance had left me. Its just WOW! 

Something was different about Kristen today and when I asked her about it she made no bones as to what had changed in her and that kind of honesty is rarer than a   black and blue steak with cool centers. Most would hide behind vanity not Kristen and the veracity she showed me just verified what I have known all the while this woman is authentic and no one cares greater than she about our progress on our “road” to fitness. When she says she’s excited to be here she means it. 

Oh and Mrs. Bean even though she’s Evil and So Mean she was a model citizen the whole hour.  



No comments:

Post a Comment