Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jack the River


Oft times the stellar instructors at EQ give me the titles of some of the entries I’ve posted here and there.  Yesterday was one of those days. One of the rising stars in the constellation Woodbury is Dana Mancini who has in my opinion started to shape hew own niche here at the club with her own inimitable style. She does it with grace and charm, which is one of the main reasons we spin with who we choose to spin with. 

With Tripp it’s pure energy laced with inspiration and with the Queen, KJ it’s her adroit hand in guiding us through a thematic ride with spirited Zen-like phrases, which we can feed off of in the other 23 hours of the day.  Dana I think has used this model and incorporated into her style, which is taking shape day by day. Her music is like no one else’s featuring the hits of today along with some of the classics that most would never consider as apropos for the CS.  Dana has figured out how to get more out of her students including yours truly.

 When I thanked her at the end of class I pointed to my ‘pool’ of work on the studio floor and as it started to stream forward she called it “Jack the River” and hence the title today.  I know that we in Woodbury have it so good and like I’ve said before we are spoiled and if you don’t think so try a spin class somewhere else you’ll find out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment