Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Relentless


What does that word mean to you?  It’s a notch up from persistent I think. Relentless means that one never gives up.  Persistence is something you keep on repeating regardless of the outcome. Relentless is all about the outcome and nothing matters until one is successful or an outcome results even if its failure.  

A great word to focus on in KSC today and this wordsmith is all about relentless. I never give up because I have found that even if things take year’s relentlessness will eventually bring results. Sometimes it’s not necessarily the outcome we were aiming for but a decision will be made one way or the other. Without the character trait of relentless I feel that we have only one outcome and that’s no. It’s like picking up the phone if we don’t the decision has been made however when we do pick it up we may get the outcome we were hoping for. 

Can you actually see yourself if you are physically able in this class not giving it your all?  What is it that drives us on and on? Of course our trainer Kristen puts us in the position to be the best we can be but in the end it is we that have to shoe it.  Riding next to motivated riders is a key element as well as their energy combined with ours provides us with the impetus to be relentless.  

Has anyone read Liz Davies entry? Kristen suggested she come here and ride with us and I have extended that invitation to her.  She apparently is an avid reader of exercise blogs and somehow stumbled on KSC. I am glad she did and if she is willing I have also asked her to contribute here so we can get her perspective.  Might be a little less fanciful than my approach but nonetheless it might give us a lens we haven’t spied through.    

P.S.

My friend Mike a retired anesthesiologist was in the right place at the right time for me today and I just wanted to acknowledge him even though he won’t see these words.

 I have struggled with this atrial fibrillation for quite some time now and today was the first time that I had the symptoms of light headedness and mild dizziness that accompanied it and did not have the accelerated HR I almost became accustomed to.  When I awoke I was feeling that unmistakable HR and took my meds which I am still derelict in doing most days and proceeded to head for spin class. Thinking it would simply dissipate as it usually does with the combination beta-blocker and arrhythmia drug I climbed aboard for what was in hindsight a dumb thing to do. 

In any case after class  as I sauntered around the locker room and wandered aimlessly Mike grabbed my wrist  and told me that even though my HR was low that it was indeed irregular and that I should get my butt to the emergency room and get a monitor on. As it turned out my return  call to my cardiologist came in  and I went to my doctor’s office instead. I am now wired for 24 hours  and the admonitions from everyone are ringing in my ears and maybe this time I have actually heard what they are saying.  





No comments:

Post a Comment