Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Go Both Ways



I admit I jumped on this as soon as the words escaped into the Lavender Palace but I do things like that to soften the mood or if I can crack a few smiles. No ill intent intended. I suspect that you all know that by now. But the phrase got me thinking anyway. We do go both ways in spin class don’t we? Explain Jack please. Well here goes. Easy enough actually.  

We climb with resistance and we sprint with a few turns to the left. Both ways bring us to the breathless and anaerobic zones. I until recently could never get above 100 RPM’s mainly because I was cranked too high and I never understood why or how speeding could get me anywhere in my quest to get to a higher fitness level. Now I know better because if I maintain a modicum amount to the right speed becomes part of the whole equation. It’s the back and forth between climb and interval that shocks my body and that my friends is how I go both ways. 

There has been considerable comic mileage that Ms. Sable and Ms. Gould have gotten over my over active sweat glands. Stacy didn’t want me on “her bike” #4 before her (I being on the 8 am and she being on the 915 this past Saturday) because of the expansive “puddles” I leave behind after each session. It was okay however to have Ferne sweat to her hearts content because her liquid display was paltry by comparison. I tried to act annoyed but it was of no use I joined in on the joke as well. My friends Ferne and Howard took it to a higher level when they invited me for dinner and as I got to the table there was a towel on the floor and one in my seat. Ha-Ha. I am not about to let go of this little comedy.  We both got a considerable laugh out of that one as well. There might be more “sweat” stories I will keep you posted. 

Dana who was the target of today’s title and such a good sport was just fantabulous in the Wednesday 730. She always has a good call even if she doesn’t play Mumford and Sons and does play Billy Joel. I can’t stand Billy Joel.  



2 comments:

  1. Aren't you aware of the purpose of a towel? Considerate people make sure equipment they use is not contaminated with bodily fluids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this really a comment? I always wipe my bike clean and use a towel to mop up the river beneath my bike.

      Delete