Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, October 27, 2013

500


I thought that writing in this the 500th episode of KSC that I would take various paragraphs or sentences from some of the stories and reprint them and comment about what it was like almost 4 years ago and what it feels like now. 

Remember when Hunter was just 6 years old? I do. 

From 2010:

For the Love of God.  

When I heard Kristen talk about her 6-year-old son as he said to her “For the love of God, you’re teaching again?” That was all I needed to dismiss this qualm and I settled back into my gel seat and gone was any notion that I was in any way quitting. I took on the face of the 17 races I had completed and the 1 I didn’t vanished with my next breath.

4 years ago I actually used to think about quitting before the class was over now it never enters my mind. I never give up in class or the other 23 hours of the day. 

And this post from July of 2010:

The Numerator and the Denominator.  

Ordinarily these two words mean the top of the fraction and the bottom of the fraction. I however have a different allegory for these two words. The common denominator for all of us in KSC is we are all looking to either stay in shape, get in shape or get in even better shape. It's an even number because oddly enough we are all different.

The numerator signifies what spinning means to each and every one of us personally. I have these past 6 months told you that KSC is formulaic in it's Zen like philosophy and very much a parallel of a well known 12 step program. Because of this, my numerator is; that the athlete in me has been reborn. I thought that I was retiring into middle age, even though I have been an active member of Equinox since its' inception here, but nonetheless I felt that any idea that I was still an athlete was just a file in my memory banks, something stored in my documents file.

KSC has given me so much and I cannot thank Kristen enough. Its been a an immersion of body, mind, spirit and soul.  

I think I will stay with this for a while. Writing about KSC then and now.  






1 comment: