Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dearest


Freddy Bartholomew in 1936’s Little Lord Fauntleroy called his mother’s character Dearest. Now not for a moment would I think that we might refer to KJ as Dearest in that sense (if you’ve seen the movie) but she does say often: Trust Mommy. And every time we clip in we are all the more fit for placing our trust in her adroit care.  So since she’s been away for what seems like a long time her flock missed her including yours truly. She is the Queen of Spin after all (as you’ve often heard me refer to her as) and Saturday KSC was something we needed dearly. How was that? Did I tie it in? Or am I off my rocker? The latter might be true but lame as the start of this episode might be I love Saturday’s and Saturday’s spinning with KJ is the best way to start the weekend. 

It’s somebody’s birthday tomorrow and I think it’s the most popular girl in school as well. Stacy Tucker Sable will celebrate her birthday tomorrow and we get to join her in Carolyn’s class. Now no one is singing: How old are you now? Because it’s still not polite to ask a woman her age and needless to say whatever the number might be we think she’s just hitting her prime. Happy Birthday Stacy!

I was hoping to stumble over to Dana’s strength class in the Main Studio after the 8 am but the mind and the body were unwilling. I sent my regrets to Dana but the pro she is let me off the hook.  I know I need to diversify my regimen but after a class with Dearest I am spent. I guess I am addicted to loving just one group fitness activity. Try as I might but at 62.5 years old it’s hard to teach a sexagenarian new tricks. 

Hey the next post will be 500. Is it really possible to continue past 500 episodes?
I'll let you know. 








No comments:

Post a Comment