Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Mirror Crack'd


This workout in the Main Studio at 8 am is called; let me check my schedule The Ultimate Workout. Nomenclature aside it was a bitch. Young Dana drew a packed room and why not she is a fan favorite (and one of mine) and as I bore down I knew that it was going to be sheer determination if I was to make it through this class. 

How I ended up here I will attend to later and for maybe the first time I will be more open about the goings on here at EQ without it sounding like a soap opera. In any case at the gentle urging of Cindy and Nancy (HBIC)* I decided to opt out of my usual KSC Saturday ritual. I am so glad I did too because I need to vary my regimen and since I love Dana’s skill set it was easy but filling out the hour was another thing. 

Within moments I noticed something viscerally that I had never experienced in spin and that was the essence of two people that I really like and respect and that’s Nancy and Cindy. I see them virtually everyday so what was it that had me captivated? Didn’t take long for it to hit me it was the mirror. In spin we never look at each other face to face but with the mirror our glances met every so often and I realized then the strong camaraderie we have. I don’t want to embellish this any more else someone call me metro sexual.  Both women were impressive in just how deep their overall fitness really is. I felt stronger than the last time I attempted the Main Studio and in the rear I noticed Ari who I think is in dynamite shape struggling to keep up with some of the gyrations and it gave me a strong felt sense of just how fit I may be. Thanks in part to my showing up but the lioness’s share to instructors like Dana and Kristen. 

I ended up in front of this room wide mirror because I thought I was making a statement about one of the instructors whom I had a misunderstanding with. As an alcoholic I no longer hold onto resentment because it’s a killer for me. I cannot judge anyone because in their mind they think they’re right I just look for what part I played. I saw Mr. Cooper   in between classes and since there are no coincidences I knew it was my chance to break the ice and I did so by patting him on the back telling him he was doing a great job.  Although he did “unfriend” me on FB all is forgiven. You may not like David’s delivery but you can never fault him on effort, preparation and determination. I will be back at some point just not at this point. Just sayin’

Well the mirror didn’t crack but it did give me an insight about some of the people I work out with every day and although we don’t hang out like after club hours it would be a lie if I didn’t think of them as my friends. A bit later I will write about these members and call it The Breakfast Club on Jack Briant Reporter on Sunday.

*HBIC- Head Bitch in Charge 













No comments:

Post a Comment