Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fire In the Belly


The young man with a plan and a broken wrist Damian (Young Atlas) had us in a pitched battle between power and force. Power; in the pedal stroke and force; with plenty of adjustments up and down on the resistance wheel.  I found myself for the most of the session in the anaerobic state and I kept an open ear to Damian’s constant reminder of breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. It probably kept me in all of the intervals of varying times and intensity. 

Damian is a fabulous instructor he brings passion, enthusiasm and a nifty delivery of voice and music to the speakers atop the Lavender Palace. He even had the quick witticism to notice that there was a Jack and Jill in the same row something I just wouldn’t expect a man of his generation to even know about.

 I am loving the variation of spinning at night. On Monday subbing for John Kocaj was Maureen Gallagher (a tremendously underrated spin instructor) and now Wednesday with young Damian.  It just breaks up the routine of spinning every morning and a respite of needing a lightning fast finger punching in for the 8:30 the morning before.  I had my desire flagging a bit and these two night sessions were just what the Spin Doctor ordered for me. Tonight I had the usual lake beneath the bike and I like to look at the designs as land mass formations. Usually it’s Africa and Saudi Arabia. Last week it was the continental United States and tonight it was Africa again but before the ice age. I probably just lost you with those few sentences but some people just don’t get me and that is but one reason why.  

Damian gave me back the fire in the belly and I am ready for Dana in the premier time slot Thursday 8:30. However if you haven’t taken Damian’s class lately add this element because he brings a whole new dimension to spin. Need more? Take his class. And who spins with a broken wrist? He does.  



No comments:

Post a Comment