Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pink Tights and Other Delights.


Another Saturday arrives and the ceremony begins at 8 AM.  In bike #4 I see everything. Even though I don’t have eyes in the back of my head.  The front row in my opinion is the only place to be in KSC because the Queen of Spin is best observed up close especially when she is dressed in pink tights. She never hides the physiology she works so hard to keep and even though she is so mean she is eye candy to both genders. But that’s only the surface what lies within is much more important and why we come again and again. Since her father’s passing her heart is on her sleeve more now than ever in the 3 years I have had the pleasure of spinning with her.  When she speaks of him or uses the lyrics of her favorite tunes to recall his memory, this man I never knew comes alive in Lavender Palace.  He must have been a parent that knew what he was doing because KJ knows when to be firm even when it’s not popular and soft and approachable when others might turn a dear ear.  

Her theme today was about leasing 3 years with an option to buy. (She likes everything in 3s or so she’s told us time and again)  I should have heard this soliloquy before I became a serial monogamist with 3 wives.  It makes sense too because as KJ said our hopes and dreams at 25 go through monumental changes as we traverse through our 40s and 50s. Those of you lucky enough to mate for life are of course in the minority and your strength of character and selection of a significant other was not about luck. If I knew that I had to be on my best behavior all the days of my life maybe I could have avoided some of the devastating mistakes I’ve made with the women in my life.  Is this too personal? Maybe but I feel like some of you are actually my friends and still others in the very least fraintances. 

Oh by the way I don’t really recommend taking back to back KSC classes because if you do it right there is no need to do a 2nd hour. Half way through I was spent and I could feel the sugar levels drop as if I had a measuring stick in the palm of my hand. It was fun however hearing two of my past and current favorite songs twice.  

Doing It My Way:
http://mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com/2012/10/doing-it-my-way.html









No comments:

Post a Comment