Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Peter Returns! Well for a Day Anyway


As I slowly sauntered into the club today for the 9:45 KSC there standing larger than life was our former EQ manager Peter Rothermel. Pete was and no disrespects to his predecessors the best executive in charge of our beloved Woodbury. His quiet demeanor almost belied the power and grace that he employed in making our club a jewel in the Equinox chain. He moved on to a much larger club in Great Neck and membership is up way up. I know this to be true because when I hit Rocky Ribacoff and Tripp Doherty’s classes during the week at Pete’s new place his new club  needs a fleet of parking attendants. Now although its not official yet it looks like he’s about to be promoted again to Regional Manager status and this day he was performing a club audit for the mother ship. I am sure things went well as Louis Cohen has done an exemplary job after Pete’s departure. I know we all wish Peter the best and its just my opinion that he is heading up the corporate ladder two rungs at a time.  

And now on to the Queen of Spin Kristen James who I might have to start asking for her autograph because I am seeing more images of her on TV than I am in person. Well maybe that’s an exaggeration but KJ is wowing the local CBS affiliate with appearances weekly on the new hit show: Live from the Couch giving fitness tips to those less fortunate than us who get to experience her innate talent each morning.   We knew it was just a matter of time for our charismatic one. Her choreography is different every morning and is custom made to the ride she has in mind for us.  She makes us feel like athletes and all you have to do is look around the studio to see that her students are in the shape of their lives.

I love writing about the EQ talent and I dream what it would be like to tour all the clubs in the chain and chronicle the different stories about all their big league talent. 










No comments:

Post a Comment