Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, January 16, 2012

She's Evil


What else can you say? She’s evil and you know what? She knows it too! But of course we like it that way. And I personally cannot complain because as my body shrinks the compliments have come pouring in and I guess that idea that spin is not a good exercise can be dismissed summarily.  

Friedrich Nietzsche, the German philosopher, famously said: "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." No Coop it wasn’t Kelly Clarkson. Silly boy. Funny at an AA retreat this weekend the quote got a little mangled when the speaker said: What doesn’t kill you makes you crazy.  I identified with that because when I drank it luckily didn’t kill me but it did make me crazy and I cannot attest that it made me stronger because quite to the contrary it made me capitulate and feel anything but strong. However since I took the 12-step route it did eventually make me stronger. Point being Jack?  I really think that the God of our understanding never gives us more than we can handle.  So Nietzsche may have been right and Coop if Kelly Clarkson thinks so it must be true too.  

On Sunday morning I set my clock for 6:23 and I had preset my EQ page and my trigger fingers ready to set me up for KSC. Now I have talked about this before but lately I am prone to go back to sleep only to wake up with a start thinking that I didn’t get on the computer and get my bike. Is that psycho or am I just Magoo?  

1 comment:

  1. I think your previous communication said Spin was not a good exercise for weight loss not that I wasn't good exercise. Compliments are not a goal or are they??? Physical, Spiritual ,mental and social well being that is the goal.

    ReplyDelete