Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Like How It Feels Part III


I like how it feels when you can be in a room with like-minded friends and draw strength from all of them without being an energy vampire.

I like how it feels when I can lock out all my problems and just be right here right now.

I like how it feels when the effort I put forth is better than the time before and the time before that. 

I like how it feels when you can be there for someone silently without even a word passing between you. 

I like how it feels when a friend like Cindy asks me where have I been and that I was missed. 

I like how it feels when I am not competing with anyone except myself.

I like how it feels when I stay out of judgment if only for an hour a day.

And I like how it feels when I can’t believe how hard I just worked out. 


I felt so good today in this class because my concentration was so fine-tuned and I was ready for Kristen’s call because intuitively I knew it was going to be a Lu-Lu. (Lemon)   You know how Evil Woman says in the middle of class that we should pretend we just got on the bike and we’re about to warm up? I love when she does because it harkens back to the idea that no matter how challenging your day is you can always start it over at any time of the day. Our mind is so powerful and if we tell it what we want most of the time it will give us just what we need.  We may not get what we want all the time but most often we get just what we need.  

We collectively will hold vigil over our dear friend and bolster her spirits any way we can. I know she will come out stronger than ever before. 




No comments:

Post a Comment