Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, January 20, 2012

Cycle What?


There comes a time in everyone’s life when you just have to put your foot down. Yesterday was one of those days What I mean to say is that if you are to keep up with the fast changing pace of the Evil Woman’s CYCLEology TM class you had better put your foot down as into the pedal stroke. 

I was talking with a few of my male counterparts in the locker room and we were trying to dissect just what it is EW is doing differently. I have chronicled my love of this class but of late it has taken on a new dimension as CYCLEology has replaced Breathless. I know the classes are more intense and the breaks between intervals are virtually non-existent but I don’t recall ever having much time to luxuriate in the saddle between “roads”. So what is it then? I think maybe it’s because she is breaking down the ride into three 30-minute segments even though the time of 55 minutes remains the actual clock time we spend once we saddle up. But that explanation hardly qualifies as something material in what some of us might be experiencing. Could it be how she is coaching us within each individual surge, attack or sprint?  I fear that I am not going to be able to elucidate in words just what it is but I can tell you that my HR is reaching higher limits and not only are my tank tops soaked but so are my shorts as if I had jumped into the Great Neck pool. My monitor says I have burned more calories but the real test is the faces I connect with after class. They all seem to be saying the same thing that this was one helluva workout. And let’s face it that’s saying a lot because the past two years have not been by any means a walk in the park with Kristen. It’s just really satisfying to fit into size 33 jeans again from 1995. Seems like ancient history but that’s how long ago it was.  

Oh and a note to Kristen’s Mom. I think that an R rating has to be issued to gain admittance into this class because the innuendo’s ranging from P.E. to the best position to ride have been shocking plain and simple. Although she has made sure everyone is over 18 some of us might be fans of Pat Robertson and might think you need to wash Evil Woman’s (that’s your daughter’s nick name) mouth out with soap yet again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment