Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, February 8, 2014

10 Feet Tall


It’s how I feel after every KSC. That Evil Woman takes me to the threshold of maximum effort and like today I was on the verge of reverse peristalsis. That’s because I didn’t follow one of her credo’s and that is to eat something at least an hour before class. Nonetheless and I know I have gone on about her ad nauseam but she is the best. Evil? Oh most definitely but results? You be the judge. 

Later after class I met Lauren and her lovely teenage daughter in Stop n Shop and she admitted the same experience because of an empty stomach. I promised not to mention that in her green basket were not one nor two but three half gallons of ice cream. Not the bogus no added sugar or half the fat nonsense but REAL ice cream the kind that we all SCREAM for. I will rat myself out as I had stashed some ice cream sandwiches in my cart as well. 

Lauren feels similarly about that blonde atop the pedestal and she agrees that the new bikes with Watts added make KJ’s evil mischief even easier to dispense. It’s as if she has a wand merely to wave it and we march to her drumbeat. I have to say that getting my watts higher is easier in the saddle than standing and I am not sure why maybe I am not positioned correctly and it’s not always the highest resistance that can yield the highest power output. I guess that makes sense because with too much resistance we are defeating the purpose. 

I love KSC on Saturday. The weekend seems to begin at that first pedal stroke. 10 Feet Tall is the perfect metaphor to take away with me today. Hell we are taller than Howard now. 

I am starting a new entry in JacBook today and I am calling it The Story of My Life. It will be a circular creation and “The Once Upon a Time” will begin about midlife. Should I admit that I was a male stripper once back in my 30’s? No I better not. I have a few stories that might shock you who knows.  







No comments:

Post a Comment