Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Inner Sanctum


 Have you noticed how much spin class has changed? The new monitors adding Watts to the equation makes the ride quantifiable instead of just experiential. What does that mean though? Well if you’re like most of us in Woodbury you know we take our sessions very seriously. That’s not to say we don’t have fun because God knows that we do but now we have added results into our efforts and can measure our progress from day to day.

 I’ve tried to tell myself in vain not to look but inevitably I find my eyes pushing the light button and when I see my Watts go over the 300 mark it makes me feel almost Herculean and the satisfaction of my own inner sanctum makes me glad I did. Although the downside is we can get obsessed with the numbers and lose sight that we are there to have fun and just like no two snowflakes are alike neither is one class just like another. So there will be days we feel better than the day before and we can’t let ourselves get disappointed because our “numbers” were off. 

We have had some changes in personnel at EQ but Kristen maintains a top-notch staff even if some of our favorite personalities have left for down the street. If you are an EQ member a true EQ member there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home. And with the likes of Dana Mancini, Kristen (K2) Finello, Carolyn Mellace, Damian Vella and yes David Cooper there will never be a dearth of talent at our club. Ride on! 






No comments:

Post a Comment