Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Shut the Blinds


The Secret 730 is no longer classified in fact I found out Tuesday morning at 530 that it books out in seconds now. It was maybe a few short months ago I took this particular time slot and there were a few bikes available but now no way. And think about this for a moment the 730 is in no way a prime time slot. 830 or 930 maybe but what Young Dana has done is made this class her own and her following has grown in leaps and pedal strokes.  

Struggling to focus on breathing mid-way through I was trying to formulate in words what it is she does that makes me feel like I am going beyond the effort I thought I was capable of. The best I could come up with is that each time we “punch” through another ceiling she raises the floor beneath us. In this way instead of falling off after a Herculean interval we recover in a place we used to be challenged in. Does that make sense? 

I think too that her trademark “Shut the Blinds” has a remarkable affect on the ethereal aspect of the ride. When we filter out the major sense of sight and implore our imagination into the mix we can go anywhere we want to. The journey becomes 4 dimensional and we feel the moving parts of our body more intensely. 

The discography is always just right. A little AT 40 and a little classic Rock n’ Roll so that elders like me feel right at home. I was  just a bit lethargic this morning and I virtually had to kick my ass out of bed but Dana I am so glad I did.  




No comments:

Post a Comment