Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Double Spin Part......


After 2 hours of spin I’ve had enough of the day and so I decided to crawl back under my soft white sheets for a short siesta only to be woken up 20 minutes later with a start thinking I was late for KSC. I think I am infected with a rocking pneumonia and I need at least a day off to recover from 7 classes in 6 days. Trying to make up for lost time never works out even when you try and catch up on the somnolent state or missed sessions in the Lavender Palace. 

Howard convinced me to take the second after I was lamenting to anyone who’d listen that I was done in by the 8 am version of Kristen’s Spin Class. He said come on Jack there’s some open bikes. And everyone knows KJ hates open bikes even if it is mid-summer and many of the regulars are away on vacation. I felt compelled and forgot albeit briefly just how tired I was. Luckily I was back in the 4th row somewhat out of the watchful eagle Kristen eyes so I could turn down the amperage just a little bit but we all know how that goes once you’re in you’re in.  

I know that my HR monitor must have been off because it showed that my range was 123 to 220. (Technically I was dead no?) I was excited because I broke 1000 calories. Even if it’s only an estimate I am going into Saturday in a caloric deficit for sure. And since I don’t drink I might have some room for some buttered popcorn. Perish the thought!  I love Saturday KSC I just don’t know why but I do.  

This week I did three night versions of the talented lot we have at EQ. John Kocaj on Monday, Kristen Finello (K2) on Tuesday and Damian Young Atlas on Wednesday.  It’s a great alternative to have night spin especially during summer and all 3 have my admiration and respect. However what possessed me to do 7 in 6 days is pure lunacy and I am so resistant to doing something else consistently and as of right now that discipline eludes me.  I’ve tried Yoga with the talented Raj and group exercise in the main studio with the Super Human (not just superwoman) Rocky. Oh well one day I will wake up and move among the saner of you that have a well-rounded fitness regimen. 


PS
Some of you may know that my writing is automatic. I wrote this last night I wish you would take a look and tell me what it means to you. 

http://mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com/2013/07/psychic-demeanors.html





No comments:

Post a Comment