Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Color Blue


Blue evokes so many incantations merely by uttering the word itself. Perhaps it’s my favorite color because it makes me think of blue skies and true blue love. I never thought about breathing the color blue though until Kristen suggested it some time ago. It has a nice ring to it because the metaphor of breathing blue gives rise to other thoughts as well. Like keeping the toxic people away from our breath of life for instance or taking in only positive energy to name but two. The color blue rings true and in spin class there’s no better color to energize our pedal stroke. 

What was all that about Jack? Good God! Well I need some poetic license what do you think this is a spin blog? Metaphors abound in my head since I started spinning in February of 2010. I still don’t think most of the outside world knows what the hell it is we do.  Talking to Roy and David in the boys locker room both of whom are big time outside riders say that what we do translates to the road. I always thought that the road cyclists looked at us with disdain as simply pretend riders. Roy and David told me I would fare well outside and I have had a few impromptu rides and I did represent so it’s not a big stretch to think we can handle the “road” outside as well as inside.  

I loved this Saturday with our “inside’ trainer Kristen and I think she makes us “bring it” big time and if you ask Roy or David we can handle any Peloton. 








No comments:

Post a Comment