Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wayne's World


I have been reflecting on the epiphany I had last week in spinning class. And that is that rest is not an option and recovery is all I need to seek in the appointed hour.  There is simply no time to rest because it is an illusion I can tell myself but never experience until I hit the pillow at night. As I said earlier in the week we have 23 hours to rest.

Armed with that awareness I can focus more fully on recovery and therefore enjoy the effort to a much greater extent. I told you that KSC is Zen like and as I shift my paradigm yet again spinning becomes a deeply meditative state.  And breathing is part of meditation, as we all know.

Is this what it is like for anyone of you? 

In the movie from 1992 Wayne’s World, Wayne said: "I wasn’t aware of that."  I suffered from the misconception that breathing via the mouth got me more air to my lungs than my nose did.  I was right about that, I did get more ‘air’ but breathing through my nose gave my lungs  more oxygen and less CO2 than mouth breathing did.  It seems according to informed sources that the nasal passages filter out the carbon dioxide making the nose the better (and pardon the pun) channel. 

Thank you for all your reads this month a writer just wants to be read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment